Over the past few years, the mobile game market has grown tremendously. At the same time, mobile games have ceased to be just a pleasant way to pass the time while traveling to school or work. Increasingly, mobile games are taken more “seriously” and for some players smartphones are a full-fledged alternative to computers and consoles.
Google Play Games is a new service from Google that has been made available in beta to some users. Google Play Games allows you to play mobile games on your computer without having to install additional emulators.
Advantages and disadvantages of Google Play Games
When evaluating Google Play Games, it is important to remember that this is only a beta version, so there may be bugs that will be corrected in the future or various kinds of limitations.
Advantages of Google Play Games
- It replaces mobile device emulators that do not always work properly.
- When downloading software from the Internet, we are not always sure that the software is safe. In the case of applications from Google, we minimize the risk of downloading viruses.
- All you have to do is log in through your Google account. We don’t need to save data in third-party programs like in emulators.
- Google Play Games is a free app, but may include paid games or games that contain micropayments.
Disadvantages of Google Play Games
- So far, the library of games available in the app is limited.
- The first installation of the game may require you to enable the “Windows Hypervisor Platform” service, which requires you to restart your computer.
What requirements must be met to join the tests
To participate in the testing of Google Play Games, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a Google account,
- You must be at least 18 years old,
- In some countries and regions, you must verify age,
- In Google Play, you must have a supported country or region set.
So far, Google Play Games is not available in all countries, but the app will be made available in more countries.
After testing, the application will be available without additional requirements.
Google Play Games minimum hardware requirements
- Windows 10 operating system
- SSD with 10 GB of available space
- Intel® UHD Graphics 630 graphics card or comparable GPU
- Processor with 4 physical cores (some games require an Intel processor)
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows administrator account
- Hardware virtualization enabled